Sunday, February 22, 2009

On the Red Carpet with Oscar

The biggest trends on the Oscar Red Carpet appeared to be: metallics, sweetheart necklines, asymmetrical off-shoulder designs, and bold reds.

Best Dres
sed
Leslie Mann shimmers in Pamela Roland. The dress recently hit the catwalk in New York, and I was hoping someone would don the beauty to the Oscars. Bravo!

Marion Cotillard in Dior Haute Couture.

Penelope Cruz in vintage Balmain.I love Tina Fey (wish Fey and Steve Martin would have hosted)

From SJP's fairytale dress to real life fairytale. The beautiful Freida Pinto in John Galliano.

Angelia Jolie in Elie Saab might seem a safe pick to many, but I though it was stunning, especially the sweetheart neckline. Jolie added icing to the cake with the emerald green Lorraine Schwartz earrings and matching ring.

Natalie Portman pretty in pink, in Rodarte. (another sweetheart neckline)

Anne Hathaway in a beautiful and shimmering ivory Armani Prive gown. A huge hat tip at Hathaway for her intro with host Hugh Jackman, who knew she could sing?

Mickey Rourke...enough said.

Love you, but...SJP in Dior Haute Couture. At first glance, I enjoyed the bodice...but upon a second, I realized I wasn't digging the whole "top of a wedding cake" thing.

Kate Winslet in Yves Saint Laurent. I love Kate way too much to put her in worst dressed, but I wasn't too impressed. I did applaud her futuristic molded hair though.


Worst Dressed

Really B? My first thought: a mermaid with really bad curtains. Beyonce, you better watch out for Etta James, she's really coming after you after using her song...again...

No comments: