Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bravo to Brabo


I had long anticipated my first venture to Brabo, the new restaurant in Old Town from restaurateur extraordinaire, Robert Wiedmaier. The Washington chef is known for Marcel's and Brasserie Beck. Wiedmaier truly capitalized on the Old Town dining experience by cultivating, not one, not two- but three separate dining experiences. There is the main dining experience at Brabo, the more casual and cocktail conducive Brabo Tasting Room, and soon to open Butcher's Block, focusing on take out orders and cooking classes.
Last week I finally made it over to Brabo. The atmosphere is soothing, modern and sophisticated. I snapped the photo below of the wild mushroom and foie-gras ravioli, also sampling the roasted farmhouse chicken (fantastic!) and the pork shank. I highly recommend the mussels!
For more information on Brabo, click here for the Washingtonian's review complete with menus.
And be sure to check out the dining experience at Brabo- its well worth the trip to Old Town, I promise.

No comments: