Thursday, March 26, 2009

How Eco-friendly are you?

Okay, now I am by no means the picture of perfection when it comes to being environmentally friendly, but I do attempt to make conscious efforts in my day to day living. A course I have been taking studies the Green movement in Pop culture. Upon discussing sustainability, I was introduced to this fun interactive game, Consumer Consequences. After playing the game, you are presented with a score estimating your personal impact on the planet. (my score was a 3.6 btw) Check it out, it's pretty cool. Interesting that our food/drink and shopping habits actually are two huge contributors to our personal footprint.
Another great site offers tips for simple steps you can do to become more Eco-friendly. Click here for the 50 easy steps.
A fun experiment I am currently doing is testing how going green can ease the pocketbook. I will keep you posted if I find any revelations, but I expect to see vast differences.

Don't forget this Saturday, March 28th is international Earth Hour. The phenomenon (begun in Sydney in 2007) will take place in cities across the globe and is pretty easy to take part in; simply turn off your lights at 8:30pm for one hour.
Fellow DC blogger, Capitol B offers some fun insight as to just what you can do to fill those dark minutes.

No comments: