Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cork; once is never enough

There are a few restaurants in this town that I could never cease to praise, and one of them is Cork Wine Bar.
Last night, my girlfriends and I celebrated my birthday at Cork; indulging in wine flights and fantastic dishes. The love and care that owners and local Logan Circle residents Diane Gross and Khalid Pitts, put into their cozy space is evident even down to the french fries.
Check out the menu.
Here are my official recommendations:
1. Wine flight. Pick a variety of wine to your liking and enjoy. Its an excellent learning experience for novice winos.
2. French Fries. Accompanied by Cork's house made ketchup.
3. Duck Confit- succulent and melts in your mouth.
4. Sauteed Wild Mushrooms with madeira and marjoram. Now these are worth the trip to Cork alone. Even if you are not a big mushroom person, I promise you will not be disappointed!
5. Lizzy's Goat Cheese Cake. To die for!

No comments: